Dovo Edo Buche Straight Razor with Beech Wood Scales
This razor is "factory shave ready".
Centuries-old tradition. Wood grown for decades. One year of development time. Everything for the perfect shave. The finished design of the blade pays homage to Japanese blacksmithing. Let it slide across your face and feel the attention to detail that makes this piece iconic. The sustainable walnut, maple, spruce, and beech wood of the handles have been compacted and hardened to such an extent by a novel process that it effortlessly resists soap and water. After shaving, the knife is much too good to disappear into the case: the polished tang and back as well as the innovative shape set visual accents.
Box Content: Razor
Material: Carbon Steel
This straight razor is made of carbon steel with the material number 1.2210, better known as silver steel. In order to achieve a hardness of approximately 61 HRC, the material is heated to over 1000 degrees celsius and then immediately quenched with a special oil. The subsequent tempering at about 200 degrees celsius gives the blade elasticity and toughness.
Handle Material: Ultra Densified Beechwood
The exclusive handle combines tradition with modernity. The sustainable SwissWood beech wood from Switzerland is brought to an incredibly high hardness through an innovative compaction process so that the wood defies the adversities of water, and soap and is thus in no way inferior to the longevity of the blade.
Cut: Full Hollow
Blade Width: 5/8"
5/8-inch razors are true all-rounders and can do any wet shaving task with flying colors. The blade is relatively heavy and can therefore glide gently over your skin without great pressure. At the same time, it is still nimble enough to manage even more technically demanding passages around the nose, ears, and chin.
Dimensions: 14.5 cm x 2.4 cm x 1.1 cm
Important advice to the User: The blade of your open straight razor has a very fine and vulnerable cutting edge. Touching it or cutting materials other than beard hair, or using it for other than its intended purpose will damage or destroy it. Therefore direct contact with the skin should only occur during the shaving session. Gentle stropping of the blade before shaving maintains the blade's cutting ability for several months, while too much pressure onto the strop will cause damage to the fine cutting edge.
Honing Service Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION IF YOU PURCHASE THE HONING SERVICE
Free Strop w/ Honing Service Purchase (Courtesy of Strike Gold Shave)
The honing service is provided by Frank @ Strike Gold Shave! The Wet Shaving Store has partnered up with Strike Gold Shave to simplify the process of getting your new straight razor Shave Ready! When you include the Honing Service with your new razor, The Wet Shaving Store will ship your new razor directly to Strike Gold Shave and Frank will open and prepare the edge on the new blade so that it's perfect for your first shave!
Details About the Honing Service
- Turnaround time is 7-10 days after it arrives at Strike Gold Shave (New York)
- It takes 3-5 days in transit to get from The Wet Shaving Store to Strike Gold Shave.
- After it arrives at Strike Gold Shave, the honing service will take 7-10 days before it is completed and shipped directly to you.
- Total estimated time before you receive your new razor: 15-20 days if you are in the US. For international orders, the transit times will vary and we are unable to estimate how long it will take.
- All shipping charges are included in the price when you select the honing service with a new razor.
- Your second honing is FREE when you purchase a razor with The Wet Shaving Store. You just need to contact and ship your razor to Strike Gold Shave.
- All shipping and transit times are estimates and we are not responsible for delays caused by measures that are out of our control.
- For details and more information about the honing service, please contact Strike Gold Shave:
Made in Germany